The Civil War: Unfolding Dialogues
View larger image
- The Reveille on the Line of Battle. Tattoo in Camp.
- A Slave Cabin. The Old Grist Mill. "Got any pies for sale, Aunty?"
- The Newspaper Correspondent.
- Coffee Coolers.
- Officers' Winter Quarters.
- A Scene on the Roadside near Summer Camp.
- Returning from Outpost Duty.
- A Halt in LIne of Battle.
- The Rear of the Column.
- Stuck in the Mud. A Flank March Across Country during a Thunder Shower.
- The Commissary's Quarters in Winter Camp.
- Fall in for Soup—Company Mess.
- Going into Camp at Night.
- On Picket at the River Bank. An Old Saw Mill. Waiting for Something to Turn Up
- The "Reliable Contraband."
- Home, Sweet Home.
- A Distant Battle.
- A Cavalry Charge.
- A Hot Day. Beef Steak Rare. A Straggler. A Quiet Nibble on the Cavalry Skirmi
- Newspapers in Camp.
- A Watched Pot never Boils. A Hearty Supper on the Battle Field. Drummer Boys.
- Through the Wilderness.
- Coming into the Lines.
- The Supply Train.
- Gone off with the Yanks. A Land Flowing with Milk and Honey. A Scouting Party.
- The Outer Picket Line, Winter.
- A Lull in the Fight.
- Traffic between the Lines.
- Going into Action.
- An Advance of the Cavalry Skirmish LIne.
- Fording a River. Twenty Minutes Halt.
- A Wagoner's Shanty. The Deserted Picket-hut. Mud Huts.
- The Sanctuary.
- The Pontoon Bridges.
- A Thirsty Crowd at the Old Spring House. A Race for Camp
- The Leader of the Herd.
- A Rainy Day on Picket. Washing Day.
- A Christmas Dinner.
This object is a member of the following groups (click any group name to view all objects in that group):Periods and Styles: MLC Portfolio: Civil War
“The army going into action through the pine woods. In the foreground
a tree has been fired to give light for the march, and over
the distant woods dense volumes of smoke are rolling up, the
underbrush having caught fire from burning cartridges.”
This object was included in the following exhibitions:The Civil War: Unfolding Dialogues, Addison Gallery of American Art, 10/15/2011 - 4/15/2012
Your current search criteria is: Exhibition is "The Civil War: Unfolding Dialogues"